Monday, September 29, 2014

MMSA paint chip postcards

Rhonda came down on Sunday and we worked on making stuff for two upcoming MMSA swaps - paint chip postcards and mixed media ATCs. She brought a pile of paint chips but I sat and looked at a blank postcard for 5 minutes with zero ideas. Finally got out some that already had a background on them and then it clicked. Two have stencil and spray ink backgrounds, one is a gelli print, and one is strips of gelli prints. I managed to find paint chips that were exact or close matches to the colors on the cards and did some doodling with gel pens. The chunks of solid color stand out amid all the colorful patterns.





2 comments:

  1. These are so cool - great solution to using the chips and I agree that the solid chunk of color really highlights them. Now that I'm back from vacation, I plan to get back on my MMSA horse and participate - you inspire me (again!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors! And it was nice to see how they transformed. Sunday was fun thanks!

    ReplyDelete