Monday, August 25, 2014

you say face cloth, I say wash rag

Must be a my-generation mid-western thing but I grew up calling that piece of toweling that you scrub yourself with a wash rag. Sounds kinda tacky now that I'm older and have been exposed to more sophisticated terms, but I still think wash rag when I see one. Or maybe these are dish cloths.

Anyway, I store my knitting and crochet projects in small, handled gift bags. Lots of them. I had 10 or 12 several months ago, taking up space on my dresser. I whittled that down to 7 not long ago by unraveling things I knew I'd never finish, and moved them to the top of the dryer so they'd be more in my face. That got me to finish two scarves that I need to take pics of and blog about. Then a few days ago I grabbed the wash rag bag and finished one of the two half done ones.

That got me kinda back into it so I bought some more fun colors of cotton, dug thru my patterns and made a couple more. I gave them for Christmas one year and they were well received so may make another batch with that in mind.

The last one is a hodge podge of patterns that I just couldn't get my head around for some reason. I started one pattern, couldn't get the count right, winged it for a few rounds, then jumped into another pattern and manged to get the spiral pattern I'd been trying for in the first place. It's also the largest at close to 8" across. Love the colors.

Cotton yarn kills my hands and wrists cause it has no give at all, so I'm done for a few days at least, but the last two were each done in a day of crocheting at odd moments and short binges, so if I do one or two a week, I'll have a pile by Christmas.

Anybody wanna swap wash rags??



1 comment:

  1. Fun idea but I don't crochet - I've knit a few things here and there but never tackled crocheting. Love the colors in yours (I always called them wash rags too - my mom is from Kansas and that's what she said, so that's what I said!)

    ReplyDelete